Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Meditarannean Pizza

A staple of mine is homemade pizza. As I do not want to have the excess calories that go with ordering in pizza, for years I have taken to making my own homemade za. I have experimented with many toppings. I think my favorite thus far are the following meditarranean flavors.

Using whole wheat pizza dough and pizza sauce I topped the dough with:

1 portobello mushroom, sliced
1/2 zuchinni sliced
1/4 eggplant sliced
1 tomato, diced
1/4 red onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper chopped
3 sundried tomatoes in oil, sliced
1 chicken breast, grilled, diced (optional)
8 oz goat cheese
black olives (optional)

Option is to roast the portabello mushrooms, zuchinni, eggplant for 10 minutes. Then add onto whole wheat pizza crust with sauce (see recipe) along with other toppings. Top with goat cheese and cook in the oven for 15 min and broil for 5 min or on the grill for the same amount of time. Watch to make sure it does not burn. Once crust is golden and crispy and cheese is melted remove from grill or oven. Let rest 5 mins. Cut and serve.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails