Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pan Seared Lemon-Garlic Shrimp


Well it has not been easy getting back to work after 2 weeks off. I have not had much time or energy to make the type of meals I was when I was off. In fact Monday was soup (although homemade) and Tuesday and omelette, which somehow turned into scrambled eggs. I am sure after at least a week of rest I will be up and able to cook again. But these light meals have been good noting how much food and drink I consumed over the past two weeks.

One of the dishes I made over my holidays was lemon garlic shrimp. If you are looking for a quick, savoury and attractive looking appetizer I’d recommend trying out these out. The smell of the garlic and lemon sautéed makes your mouth water. And they literally take only a few minutes.

12 large shrimp, raw
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lemon juice
1-2 T olive oil
1/4 cup parsley, fresh and chopped
salt and pepper

In a large skillet heat oil and garlic over medium high heat. Add lemon juice and parsley, Stir in shrimp until they turn pink. Season with salt and pepper while cooking.



Blog Widget by LinkWithin

9 comments:

Finla said...

WOw i love this, i too make them, they are easy to make but super delicious

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Thanks, I'm always looking for new shrimp recipes. I like your presentation.

Peter M said...

This here, my dear is a money $hot...love the shrimp on a stick!

RecipeGirl said...

This is my favorite sort of appetizer. YUUUUM!!

Ruth Daniels said...

All I have to say is SLURP!!!

I love garlic shrimp. It's unbelievable how delicious such a quick dish can be.

test it comm said...

Nice looking shrimp!!

Apples and Butter said...

Shrimp is so delicious that it doesn't usually need a lot of fussing up and this recipe looks just perfect. Delicious!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It is hard to get back to work after a couple of weeks off. I could live the life of leisure always...couldn't you? This dish is perfect for any time of the year...give me garlic and shrimp:D

Christelle said...

humm, this is a definite winner!!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails