Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Grilled Salmon Skewers


These are the grilled salmon skewers we had with that amazing Roasted Shrimp and Orzo Salad. The salmon itself is so flavorful that they did not need much seasoning. Just simple pepper, oil, and squirk of lemon juice would do the trick.
With the powerful flavor of the salad it was nice to go plain with the skewers.

Slice salmon into chucks and place in a shallow dish. Add the pepper, splash of olive oil, juice of 1 lemon and any other herbs you desire. Mix into salmon and let sit for 15 minutes in the fridge.

Skewer the salmon onto metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers.

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.

Lightly oil grill grate. Cook skewers on the preheated grill for 4 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.


Other Recipes

Thai Curry Salmon

Blackened Salmon with Mango Salsa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..
Love your blog - your recipes look sooo good. Can I ask you what kind of shrimp do you buy? Fresh or frozen? I really want to make this salad on the weekend but I have been disappointed lately with the shrimp I have been getting. (usually PC frozen kind from Loblaws...)
Thanks! Kim in T.O.....

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I'm always awestruck by your food photography - you capture the essence of each and every dish/ingredient that you catch on film!!

Fitness Foodie said...

Hi Kim, I also buy PC frozen shrimp from Loblaws, but I agree not always the best. However, this particular shrimp was bought fresh from the seafood counter at Costco. My mother picked it up so not sure of where it actually comes from oher than there.

Adam said...

Really dig that Salmon close up. Great job with the pictures :)

Peter M said...

Good job on grilling the salmon. Fish can be tricky on the grill and you brought them back to the table in tact!

ICook4Fun said...

I just love the way your prepared the salmon in skewers. I think its a great idea. I always have problem grilling it. Next time I am going to try it your way.

Kaitlin said...

Mmm, I've been craving salmon lately. I used to eat it once a week but haven't had any in awhile... once I buy some more, salmon skewers would definitely be nice.

Sarah said...

Those jewels of salmon are gorgeous! I can't decide what looks better, the raw fish or the skewers. Thank you for posting them, I'm inspired to serve salmon skewers with some barbecue tomorrow.

test it comm said...

That skewered salmon looks good! Salmon and shrimp in one meal sounds great!

Anonymous said...

can i eat these everyday!! this is goodnes...

Anonymous said...

Looks good. It sucks when salmon falls apart on the grill. This should help in preventing that from happening.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I agree with all the comments Parker. I love salmon all ways:D

Related Posts with Thumbnails