Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

100th Blog Anniversary

Well I started my food blog back in August 2007 - almost 1 year ago. My first recipe was Grilled Vegetable Couscous Salad. When I look back at all my posts, I feel that with inspiration from the foodies, my blog and culinary skills have grown.

At the time I started my food blog I had no idea that a foodie community or shall I say world even existed. When I started to find more and more foodies, I was astonished at the vast number of food bloggers and what incredibly inspirational sites they had. I was seriously impressed by so many of your blogs, from the write ups, photography and the food itself. I am happy to be part of a growing community that is so passionate about food and cooking.

Since my start in August 2007 I have developed some faithful blogger buddies and will continue to reach out to more of this fabulous community. Thank you for those who have supported my blog and left messages, it is much appreciated.
In reviewing my past 100 blogs (or shall I say 99) there are certain blogs and/or events that stand out to me.

The first would have to be joining the Foodie Blogroll, where would I be with it? So I wanted to thank Jenn, The Left Over Queen who developed the blogroll, allowing foodies everywhere to unite (is this what trekkies feel like?), as well as for her great blogs (interesting stories, fabulous photos and inspiring recipes).

The cancer events that I participated in were a unique way to bring awareness to this disease. Having had both friends and family battle cancer, these events were certainly more than just about the food, but a way to provide support to victims and their families, raise money, as well as provide knowledge on the prevention of this disease. My thoughts and prayers are always with those of you who have lost a loved one, or struggle yourself with this disease.

These cancer events included LiveSTRONG with a Taste of Yellow hosted by Winos and Foodies, allowed me to try my skills at making a banana cheesecake (1) and banana cheesecake (2).

As well as Cooking to Combat Cancer, hosted by Mele Cotte in which I made a Mexican Black Bean Salad.

The final cancer event was one that was not a foodie event, but one that is close to home. My husband, brother in law, friend and I hiked 100km to raise $5000 for the Canadian Cancer Society, this hike was fueled by my mother in laws great spaghetti sauce.

My very first foodie event was a bread baking event hosted by Wild Yeast, where I was able to show off my Irish Soda Bread. Since then I have joined not only the aforementioned events, but also enjoyed making Spicy Mussels Wheat Beer for Mmmm Canada, hosted by Jasmine of Confessions of a Cardamom Addict; and making Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms a Healthy Cooking event hosted by
Fun and Food.

Most recently, I have become part of the Foodbuzz community, which I am sure will introduce me to many more wonderful events and foodies from around the world.

For the next 100 blogs I am looking forward to joining the Royal Foodie Joust, hosted by the Leftover Queen among many more.

So thanks again to those that stop by my blog from time to time and thanks so much for inspiring me to work on my cooking and photography.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

16 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Happy blog anniversary!!! I just posted about my 100th post too!!! :0D

Thistlemoon said...

Happy blogoversary! I am so honored to have made you list! Thanks so much and keep up all the great posts! :)

Peter M said...

Congrats Parker...happy cooking!

Unknown said...

Well done T! Your blogs have only improved over time. Your cooking has always been excellent but now there is a certain form of expertise and flare that you add to make each dish unique, full of flavour, and a presentation that makes me think twice about ruining it by eating it.

Your healthy cooking style and helping people understand that healthy food is the most flavorful while spreading knowledge and awareness about foods that can help with illness i.e. cancer & ‘Super Foods’ is inspiring. Keep it up.

Adam said...

Congrats on the BIG 100 :) When I read posts like this it gives me motivation to keep making healthy cool recipes. I'll look forward to jousting with you ;)

ICook4Fun said...

Happy Blog Annivesary!!! Keep on blogging and keep the great recipes coming :)

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! Time just whizzes past, doesn't it?

Katie said...

Happy anniversary! That is quite an accomplishment.

I love your blog!

Lore said...

Congrats on your 100th post and many more to come :)

Mansi said...

congrats on your 100th post! that surely is an imp milestone, and wish you luck for many more to come!:)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Congratulations on your 100th post and almost a year of blogging. I for one am glad that you are part of the passionate foodie world. Keep up the excellent work:D

giz said...

Can you believe it's 100 posts already? Happy Blog Anniversary

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Here's to your first 100, and many hundreds more!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Congrats on your 100th! It was interesting to read your review of your year in blogging. Hope the next year brings many positive experiences as well.

Rachel Ducker said...

Well done and what a great blog it is too!

Anonymous said...

I have got some inspiration from your
posts.Great work thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails