Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, May 18, 2009

Grilled Ribs with a Smokey BBQ Sauce



This long weekend was not the best weather, and I am happy I did not go camping and get stuck in the downpours. Rather I stayed home and painted my kitchen (photos to come) and on the one nice day we had worked in my garden. I had bought a few racks of ribs a while back, and in an attempt to clean out the freezer I decided to grill them for dinner last night. Previously I used a great boubon bbq sauce for these ribs.

However, as I ran out my husband and I decided we'd try and make our own to our liking. The following ingredients were mixed together and basted on the ribs. The flavor is fantastic a good balance of tang and spice with a mild smokey flavor cmoing from the ancho chili powder. I would say this bbq sauce is one worth trying.

1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup red wine
1 T olive oil
1 T soy sauce
1 T brown sugar
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
Also Try
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

PG said...

I was thinking the same thing: glad I didn't go camping this weekend. Though today is nice. Going to make ribs tonight.

Reeni said...

The sauce sounds wonderful! Your ribs look delicious!

Stacey said...

Your ribs look amazing! Ribs are normally happy food because it means everyone is hanging out by the grill and having fun!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I'm always searching for a good sauce for ribs. This one sounds really yummy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails