Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, February 2, 2009

Guacamole



Well for those of you that enjoyed watching Superbowl XLIII I am sure you also enjoyed snacking on game day snacks. In my house and probably most homes, chili is a staple on game day. My husband makes a great chili which with his permission will be posting soon. Another great game day staple is guacamole and tostitos. There are some many unhealthy foods that accompany sporting events, , that you can at least feel a bit healthier eating guacamole. I made this for a BBQ this weekend and also for Superbowl. It is one of the better guacamole's I have tasted, with a nice creamy texture and tangy citrus punch to it. And of course the cilantro adds a nice fresh taste and aroma to it.

3 large very ripe avocados
1 lime juiced
1 tomato diced (sometimes I add 1 and 1/2)
1-2 fresh chilis, finely chopped and seeded or 1 jalapeno.
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 T finely chopped cilantro
2 T sour cream
2 drops of hot sauce
pepper
Mash avocados and add the lime juice. Mash until smooth consistency. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HOLY GUACAMOLE YUM GOODNESS!!

Jinx said...

This is going to sound insane, but how do you tell an avocado is ripe? I either end up cutting them too early, or letting them get over-ripe (& mushy) & running out for store bought guac at the last minute!

For all my magic in the kitchen, I have never mastered guacamole!!

Fitness Foodie said...

An avocado is ripe when it is still firm, but yields when pressure is applied to it. Color can be an indicator, but not always, I tend to buy darker avocados that yield quite a bit when pressure applied.

If you buy an under ripe avocado you can put it in a paperbag (with a banana or apple) this will accelerate the ripening process.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I like the addition of the sourcream in your guac. This is always one of my favourites. We can't get enough!!

Jacqui said...

i love guacamole, and yours looks great! lots of cilantro and lime is key!

Thistlemoon said...

Wow, that looks pretty much PERFECT. I love guac and yours looks amazing!

Darius T. Williams said...

There is nothing like a good guacamole!

test it comm said...

Nice looking guacamole!

Patricia Scarpin said...

I love guacamole but have never made it at home - yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails