Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Beau's All Natural Beer Lug Tread



While at the LCBO the other day, I noticed a large ceramic bottle of beer. What caught my eye other than the unique bottle was the tag which stated certified organic beer from a local family owned brewery, Beau's Natural Brewing, Vankleek Hill. In my obligation to the environment to be more green I decided to buy this local organic beer.

Beau’s All Natural's first beer is Lug Tread Lagered Ale. It has been described as a golden-hued, crisp, and finely balanced, being compared to Kölsch. Although I like the beer and would purchase it again, I think Kölsch has a more full flavor. Lug Tread is top fermented (like an ale) and then cold aged, or “lagered,” for a lengthy period—hence the term “lagered ale.” But the fact that Lug Tread it is made with certified organic malts and with Eastern Ontario spring water is alone a good enough reason to buy it.

The LCBO employee noted that the company cannot keep up with supply and demand, and that the beer is usually gone within the first day of stocking the shelf. So if you desire to try this and cannot find it you can also get it on tap at some local pubs/restaurants:

Clocktower Brew Pub
Ottawa Bourgetel
BourgetNational Press Club of Canada
The Black Tomato
Shannon's Pub, Hawkesbury
Windsor Tavern, Vankleek Hill
St. Eugene Tavern, St. Eugene
I also think the Manx serves it.

Attached to their website I found this interesting page of recipes: Cooking with Beer. I might have to give some of these a try this summer.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes the Manx does serve it. To be honest it was better the second day after being opened and sitting in the fridge for the night.

Fitness Foodie said...

Wow I cannot believe we opened a beer (even a large one) and did not finish it the same day!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am shocked at that revelation.

Unknown said...

Um yes but tracy did you forget that was our tasty beer and then I went on to enjoy some run of the mill Keiths and you enjoyed some vino? Oh wait guess I didn't have to mention that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails