Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Spicy Pork Chops with Apple Chutney




Today I have been soaking up the Indian Summer weather. At 30 degrees celcius I enjoyed my bike ride along the Ottawa River watching the leaves turn all sorts of colors and then a nice walk to the Parkdale Market were I bought green beans, tomatoes and McIntosh apples. Next I will be enjoying some baking/cooking followed by a nice drink or two on the deck. The following recipe was made with my last post - apple raisin chutney. I think next time I might add some apple cider to the marinade and less oil. But the flavors of the spices were really nice.

Pork Marinade

1/8 cup olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/8 tsp cinnamon
pepper to taste

Mix ingredients together in a bowl and pour over pork chops (2). Let chops marinade for an hour in the fridge.

Grill on med high heat for 6-7 minutes per side for 2cm thick chops.

Serve with Apple-Raisin Chutney.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Apple-Raisin Chutney = Can't get enough!! Keep featuring it!! :0)

RecipeGirl said...

It's Fall! It's Fall! I love it. Perfect for fall!

Related Posts with Thumbnails