Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, August 17, 2007

Shiraz Cabernet


Being that it is Friday I have food and wine on my mind, well more than usual that is. The hot sun of the day has disappeared behind dark stormy clouds and the wind is picking up to the point the old windows are vigorously rattling. As weather plays an intergral part in my mood, I am more than content to open a bold bottle of wine, cook some comfort food and relax.
A wine that I have grown quiet fond of and fortunately is non expensive is Lindeman's Cawarra Shiraz Cabernet, Australia.

This wine has prominent aromas of spicy plum and dark fruit characters complemented by subtle vanilla oak. Medium bodied with firm tannins, the ripe cherry fruit flavours and balanced toasty oak character linger on the long, complex finish. It goes well with grilled or barbecued meats and meat flavoured pasta dishes. (yes I stole this from the label).

Many recipe books offer suggestive beers and wines to serve with dishes. However, tonight I think I will plan my food around my drink. Therefore tonight I will be having a Grilled Sirloin Tip Steak served with Toasted Cousous Salad with Grilled Summer Vegetables.

See Couscous Salad with Grilled Summer Vegetables
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm it was as good as it was fun to make.

Related Posts with Thumbnails