Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, December 19, 2008

Ginger Crinkle Cookies


I am always so impressed by the talent and creativity that emerges during the Christmas month, be it crafts, cooking or baking. I am particularly impressed by the vast array of cookies that are made for this holiday. Through a fellow blogger I linked to a food blog event called Eat Christmas Cookies Season 2. This great event allows bloggers to submit their christmas cookie recipes and be compiled all together for all of us to be wowed and inspired. You can check out the round up page for this awesome compilation of cookies.



I have been wanting to make many cookie recipes since the 1st of December, but somehow it kept being put off. One weekend a bunch of us girls got together for a weekend entitled "baking and boozing". It is more innocent than it sounds. We were able to cook up a storm that day with brownies, cookies, shortbread, oatmeal-raspberry bars etc.. Since then I have had the bug to cook more. So today being my day off I was determined to get a few things baked. The first cookie I baked were these simple and delicious Ginger Crinkle Cookies that I got from a coworker.


GINGER CRINKLE COOKIES

2/3 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup molasses
2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp bakingsoda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 cup sugar for dipping

Blend oil and sugar thoroughly. Add egg and beat well. Add molasses. Add dry ingredients. Form in balls and dip in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Do not flatten before baking.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

17 comments:

Adam said...

Oh yeah, a bunch of ladies baking and boozing is innocent? :) You were probably one drink away from having flour and sugar fights.

Nice job on the ginger cookies. I love anything with molasses, and these have a great crunch to them. Happy holidays!

Reeni said...

Baking and boozing sounds like a blast! Your cookies look great, I love ginger.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

And here's another cookie to "wow" over. :) I love ginger crinkles.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Love it. Great cookies.

Jinx said...

A good ginger cook was totally missing from my collection....this is perfect!!!

RecipeGirl said...

I didn't bake this sort of cookie this year, but I'm sooooo soooo craving it!

Jinx said...

Made these this morning...SO delicious & the house smells wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Baking and boozing... Something about that just really cracks me up :)

Anonymous said...

Baking, boozing *and* ginger cookies - I like the sound of that :)

Lo said...

These look absolutely fantastic... they'll be going on my cookie list for sure.

Heck. I might even make them in January :)

test it comm said...

Nice looking ginger crinkle cookies! Happy holidays!

vanillasugarblog said...

those look so good...love that first picture

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons bring
the best to you and yours!

alexandra's kitchen said...

those look like a perfect texture. I am dying for a good ginger cookie. these look nice and chewy. yum!

love the idea of your baking and boozing get-togethers too.

Unknown said...

I love the shot in your banner of the vanilla bean ... very cool

Jessica said...

looks delicious- I have to make these!

Alexa said...

Can't go wrong with ginger... what a lovely cookie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails