Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, April 18, 2008

LiveSTRONG With A Taste of Yellow



I am pleased to announce my entry into the LiveSTRONG With A Taste Of Yellow event, hosted by Barbara of Winos and Foodies. Having had many friends and family affected by cancer I am pleased to be part of this wonderful event, helping bring more awareness and support to the fight against cancer. I am truly inspired when so many people come together to make a difference.

As soon as I heard about this event I brainstormed a few ideas. I first made this Easter Banana Cheesecake for the LiveSTRONG event. Being new to food photograhpy I practiced taking pictures of the cheesecake. I first decorated it with mini eggs, and then tried many photos with the yellow bracelet. I believe overtime I will be able to improve my photos and learn my new camera. Enjoy!

For a thin cheesecake use a 10" spring-form pan and 8" pan for a thicker cheesecake.

Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
8T melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon

Filling:
500g cream cheese (used light)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
lemon zest
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream (used light)
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium or 2 large)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped mini eggs (or other chocolate)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350F.

In a food processor mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Blend well. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and partly up (1") the sides of a greased 8-10" spring form pan.

Make sure the crumb mixture is smooth and an even thickenss along the bottom of the pan. Use the bottom of a glass to press the mixture down. Bake for 10-12 min in preheated oven.

Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.

Reduce the oven to 325F.

In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and zest. Add the eggs, on at a time, beating thoroughly after each. Stir in the sour cream, the vanilla and the mashed bananas and blend well.

Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 1hr 15min at 325F.Cool in oven, with the door propped open, until cake is at room temperature.

Chill in fridge for 4-6 hours (or overnight) lightly sealed.Before serving take out of fridge and bring to room temperature (about 30 mins).

Can store in freezer for about 2 months.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for supporting LiveSTRONG With A Taste Of Yellow Tracy. A fabulous recipe and good photos. I'm not an expert at photography and there are other bloggers out there that have posted hints at various times. My only advise is shoot in close up mode, don't use flash but adjust lighting in photoshop or similar after downloading. Study lots of food mags for ideas. A pro photographer once told me to always shoot in portrait rather than landscape for foodie shots.

Related Posts with Thumbnails